Tweet the Debate Moderators!
With two presidential candidate debates scheduled to air in the upcoming week—Republicans on December 15th, and Democrats on the 19th, we are anxious for moderators to ask and candidates to answer questions about how they can end the system of governing under the influence.
The Republican debate on December 15 will be sponsored by CNN with Salem Media Group and Facebook. CNN Chief Political Correspondent Dana Bash will join conservative talk radio host Hugh Hewitt as questioners in the debate that will be moderated by Wolf Blitzer. It will take place at 9 PM Eastern Time, broadcast from The Venetian in Las Vegas.
Twitter handles: @wolfblitzer @DanaBashCNN @hughhewitt
The Democratic debate on December 19 will be sponsored ABC News, the New Hampshire Union Leader, and Saint Anselm College. It will take place at 8 PM in the Carr Center on the Saint Anselm campus, moderated by ABC's "World News Tonight" Anchor David Muir with CNN Chief Global Affairs Correspondent Martha Raddatz. WMUR-TV was dropped as a debate sponsor due to its failure to negotiate with unionized workers in the station's Manchester studio.
Twitter handles: @DavidMuir @MarthaRaddatz
As we’ve stated previously, we want the candidates to address the issues of who are profiting from war and prisons. Please join us in tweeting the moderators. Here are some suggestions:
- Will @wolfblitzer ask #GOPDebate candidates how they will shape policies for public good, not corporate profit? #WhoProfits
- Will @DavidMuir ask #DemDebate candidates how to shape foreign policies for public good, not corporate profit? #WhoProfits
- Will @MarthaRaddatz ask the #DemDebate candidates how they will end the 34,000 daily immigrant detention quota? #WhoProfits #endthequota
- Will @DavidMuir ask #DemDebate candidates if they’ll limit firms like Corrections Corp of America & GEO from setting #Immigration law?
- Will @DanaBashCNN ask #GOPDebate candidates if they will block for-profit prison corps from setting #Immigration law? #endthequota
- Will @hughhewitt ask what steps will you take to prevent corporate cronyism from corrupting our government? #GOPDebate #WhoProfits
- @MarthaRaddatz, ask the #DemDebate candidates how to ensure war profiteers don’t have undue influence on defense policy. #WhoProfits
- @WolfBlitzer, ask the #GOPDebate candidates if they heed Ike’s warning on #MilitaryIndustrialComplex. #WhoProfits
- @MarthaRaddatz, ask the #DemDebate candidates how will you stop corporations that profit from war and prisons from having undue influence?
- @MarthaRaddatz, with $1T plan for new nukes, how will #DemDebate candidates ensure policy serves security, not profit motive? #WhoProfits
Two other Republican debates will take place:
- Thursday, January 28, sponsored by Fox News, broadcast from Iowa with moderators Bret Baier, Magyn Kelly, and Chriss Wallace.
- Saturday, February 6 at 8 p.m. at Saint Anselm College in Manchester NH.